GRADE 3 October Plan
Students will be learning:
Reading activities: Beginning, Middle and End of a story
Writing: Practice paragraph writing steps followed by a culminating activity (autobiography writing).
Types of Poem/poetry – Acrostic poem
Oral presentation “Me Box”.
Math: Pattern assessment “Of” Learning (final test).
– Number Sense & Numeration unit will be introduced.
Place value, addition & subtraction using 2/3 digits, word problems.
Social Studies: UnitA: Heritage and Identity: Communities in Canada, 1780–1850
– Continue exploring mapping skills using globe and 2D maps.
– Learning about Aboriginal Peoples and Pioneers settlement in Canada.
Art: Blending colours, types of lines
Health: Healthy eating & choices
Phys. Ed: Locomotive movement
Arabic: Building sentences with (Mudaaf and Mudaaf ilaihi)
-Continuing to memorize the hadith “Etiquettes of eating” in the Arabic text with the understanding of it.
Quran: Continuation of Surat Al-Mursalat
– Unit C: Chapter 1: Hajj: The Fifth Pillar of Islam
– Unit A: Chapter 3: Allah’s Angels
– Unit A: Chapter 4: The Books of Allah (SWT)