Assalamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year. I hope you enjoyed the summer. We plan to have a variety of programs and activities in this school year in sha Allah. Each month we will release a newsletter that includes important school information, updates, and photos of on-going activities. If you have any concerns, you can write a note in your child’s agenda as I will be checking it regularly or you can email me at email@example.com
We had a great start to the school year alhumdulillah. We are working on creating a friendly learning environment and creating meaningful relationships for the first few weeks of school to set all of our students up for success.
Theme of the Month: Good Words
September weeks are to be spent reminding children about the importance of Good Words and how they affect us and the people around. From Morning assembly to classroom discussions, story times or subject lessons, students will be learning about using good words, and their benefits, in the light of the Quran and Ahadith, In sha Allah.
Within September this year, will also begin the ‘Best 10 Days of the year’. Assembly talk, classroom discussions and activities will be done to hi-lite the importance of ‘The First Ten days of Dhul Hijjah’ leading up to Eid al Ad’ha. Spirit of Sacrifice in the life of a believer and the beautiful exemplar of Prophet Isma’il will also be brought alive via variety of learning media.
Learning Focus For This Month
- Math – whole numbers: place value, comparing and adding
- Social Studies – Canada’s Provinces, Territories, Regions
- Language Arts – Reading comprehension & Writing paragraphs with supporting details
- Quran -Memorization of Surah Al-Mursalaat and learning heavy letters, throat and lip letters
- Islamic Studies – Tawheed (Oneness of Allah)
- Arabic: Respecting elders in family; vocabulary on rainy weather; Harf-Nasab لن and its effects, the negative particle لا and the question word هل؟
- Please send healthy, nut-free lunches and snacks for your child and a re-usable water bottle.
- End of the day ‘Pick Up’ MUST be from the outside fenced area, not from inside the school due to safety and protection of the children.
- Please read the Parent’s Handbook thoroughly to familiarize yourself with any changes in School routines and policies.
- Please note: Friday Early dismissal 2:15pm. Kindly ensure to pick them up on time.
- Great and successful parenting requires that we model what we want our children to learn, here’s some help for you in how to make best use of time Advice from Muslim Matters.
- Here’s an interesting read for The First Ten Days of DhulHijjah to help you create interesting conversations with your child on the topic. Read more .
We look forward to your continued cooperation!
– Fariya Mazhar Grade 4 Teacher –